Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday Grains

Today there were several pastas and grain that were delicious. First, was a sort of pad thai dish that had an amaing combination of flavors. The pasta was cooked perfectly and covered in a thick peanut sauce. I thought that the sauce was a little too spicy, but the overall effect of the dish was good.

Next, was an orzo salad. I have never had orzo before, and it was really tasty. I really liked the combination of the cheese in the salad as well.

The carbonora salad was especially creamy and savory. The bacon in it gave the dish an interesting flavor. I would never have thought of putting bacon and pasta together, but I really enjoyed it.

Finally came my all time favorite salad of the day, the curry and barley salad. The barley was soft, and tasted like the rice I used to love when I was a kid. I could have eaten that salad all day long. To top it off, the almonds made the dish go from fantastic to amazing. A single bite full of soft, fluffy barley and the crunchy roasted flavor of the almonds was perfection!

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment