Monday, September 10, 2012


This week in Food for Thought we are studying salads. Today three inventive and creative salads were brought for us to sample. Here are those three salads that I throughly enjoyed.

Green Bean Salad: The green beans and peppers give the salad a delicious crunch, while the avocado contrasts with the crunch by giving it a creamy texture. I really enjoyed the dressing that was on the vegetables, and the combination between te flavors. Finally the red onion added a nice kick to the end of each bite.

Macaroni Salad: The little bites of pasta were fun to eat, and cooked to perfection. They weren’t crunchy like overcooked pasta or too soft. I wasn’t a huge fan of all of the olives in the pasta, but the sauce was really good. I thought the ratio of mayonnnaise to the rest of the sauce was a good amount. I am not a huge fan of mayonnaise and I don’t like it when macaroni salads have too much. This salad miraculously found the right ratio. It would have been the perfect accompiament to a summer barbecue.

Garden Salad: The garden salad was nice and refreshing although I felt that it would have tasted better if it had been refridgerated. The cucumber was mouthwatering, and perfectly crunchy and crisp. They tasted even better because they were from a home garden. I am normally not a fan of balsamic viniagrette, but I enjoyed the combination of the dressing and the fresh vegetables. I am a fan of salads, and these ones definitely became top ones on my list!
~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment